- 1 cup unsalted raw cashews
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 1/4 cup hemp milk
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper with seeds, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 2 romaine hearts, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 avocados, chopped
- Combine cashews, green chile peppers, hemp milk, jalapeno pepper, and salt in a blender; process until smooth.
- Pour cashew mixture into a small bowl; stir in 1 cup cilantro.
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Divide romaine lettuce among 4 bowls. Top with quinoa, black beans, red bell pepper, and onion. Drizzle cilantro sauce on top. Garnish with remaining 1/4 cup cilantro and chopped avocados.