1 1/2 pounds tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped celery
- 3/8 carrot, chopped
- 1/4 beet
- 1/8 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 clove garlic
- 2 1/3 cups water, or as needed
- 1 1/4 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 (1 quart) sterilized canning jar with lid and ring
- Process tomatoes, onion, 3 tablespoons and 1/2 teaspoon chopped celery, carrot, beet, green bell pepper, and garlic through a juicer.
- Stir vegetable juices, water, 1 1/4 teaspoons white sugar, lemon juice, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper together in a large pot. Bring to a boil and cook until flavors blend, about 20 minutes.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Ladle juice into a quart jar. Stir 1 tablespoon white sugar and 1 teaspoon salt into the juice. Wipe the rim of the jar with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lid and screw on ring.
- Process juice in a pressure canner at 10 pounds of pressure for 35 minutes.
- Remove the jar from the pressure canner and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface until cool. Once cool, press the top of the lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area.