- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 4 leaves lettuce
- Turn on broiler, and adjust rack so it is as close to heat source as possible.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, mix together garlic, olive oil, thyme, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Put the mushroom caps, bottom side up, in a shallow baking pan. Brush the caps with 1/2 the dressing. Put the caps under the broiler, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn the caps, and brush with the remaining dressing. Broil 4 minutes. Toast the buns lightly .
- In a small bowl, mix capers and mayonnaise. Spread mayonnaise mixture on the buns, top with mushroom caps, tomato and lettuce.