SUMMER PASTA SALAD WITH BABY GREENS
- 3 oz (about 4 cups) baby arugula and baby spinach mix
- 5 oz gluten-free or wheat pasta
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp freshly shaved Parmigiano Reggiano
- Boil pasta in salted water according to package directions. When done, drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, baby greens, sun dried tomatoes, capers, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss well then just before serving top with fresh shaved parmesan.
Yield: 4 Servings, Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 5
- Points +: 5
- Calories: 169
- Total Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Sodium: 271mg
- Carbohydrates: 29.5g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 6g
I love making this mayo-less pasta salad with arugula, spinach, sun dried tomatoes, capers, fresh shaved Parmesan cheese and a splash of balsamic and oil. It’s great for lunch or dinner, and has a healthy serving of baby greens. In the summer, when tomatoes are at their sweetest, I replace the sun dried tomatoes with fresh tomatoes from my garden.
I usually have this for dinner on those warmer nights when I want a meatless meal or just something light, and because it has pasta in it, I feel full and satisfied after I eat it. The portions are pretty large for under 200 calories. This also makes a great side dish if you reduce the portions when you’re grilling up some burgers or chicken.